Business Integration Management for the Petrochemical and Refining Industry - International Summer School
Develop business strategies to reduce your operational cost and increase the control and flexibility of your production
This four-day programme will provide you with answers to fundamental questions of business management and integration strategies, such as:
- What strategies are available to increase profit margins?
- How can I increase utilisation of assets?
- What can I do to reduce operational costs?
- What value can I add to existing products?
- How can I drive the development of new products forward?
- What can I do to increase competiveness and sales results?
- How can I create and exploit synergy effects with suppliers and customers?
What is the programme about?
The global market has become increasingly competitive. To protect bottom line results and access new revenue streams, downstream organisations must improve their understanding of products and services to develop new value propositions. Increasing vertical integration is key to reducing production costs and improving control over the entire supply chain.
This highly interactive Summer School has been specifically developed to fulfil the ongoing industry need for skilled, well-trained teams. You will leave the course fully equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge needed to drive the integration of your business forward, increase the efficiency of your operations to reduce and add value to existing products.
The “International Summer School” Experience
Clarion Training is proud to invite you to our “International Summer School” to offer you a one of a kind learning experience. Our blended approach combines theory, industry relevant cases studies, practical exercises and group discussion delivered by a first class Course Director. This platform brings you together with peers and colleagues from around the world to learn from best practices and build your personal as well as professional network.
Clarion’s International Summer School will take place at a business class venue in the centre of the city. We will offer you not only all benefits of a premium learning facility, modern style and exceptional comfort. The wonderfully located venue also allows you to easily explore nearby attractions and everything the city has to offer.
An exclusive reception will be held at the evening of the first day to kick off the programme and share the unique Clarion Summer School experience with all course participants.
Throughout the Summer School we will invite you to individual one-on-one sessions with our course facilitators to discuss your specific challenges to make sure you get the most out of your participation.
Oil & Gas professionals who require a thorough overview of current and emerging best practices to improve and align operations between the upstream and downstream industry:
- Commercial Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Strategy Development and Planning
- Production Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product and Project Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Merger & Acquisition Manager
- Supply Chain, Procurement and Contracts Manager
- Economists, Analysts, Consultants
Overview of Feedstock, Processes and Derivatives
- Supply chains
- Main processes
- Main derivatives
Refinery and Petrochemicals Integration
- Refining trends / changing Crude slate
- Fuel Markets, Regulation and Petrochemical options
- Optimisation / Drivers
- Alternative Product and co-product disposition
INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP: Refinery & petrochemical integration
Delegates will engage in interactive SWOT analysis to identify risks and opportunities and develop integration strategies
Optimising Olefins Production
- Steam cracking
- Refinery units
- Methanol to Olefins and other processes
Improving Aromatics Production
- Refinery units
- Steam cracking
- Dealkylation, transalkylation etc.
Natural Gas, Hydrogen and Key Derivatives as Business Case
- Natural Gas production
- Hydrogen, Ammonia, Methanol and derivatives
- Hydrogen summary
INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP: Gas & petrochemical integration
Based on analysis and comparison, delegates will evaluate potential opportunities for gas and petrochemical integration.
The Economics of Benzene, Key Derivative Styrene and Other Benzene Derivatives
- Benzene Production
- Styrene, Phenol and derivatives
Ethylene Production, Feedstock Options and Economics
- Ethylene Market
- Other Ethylene Derivatives
INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP: Petro-Based Supply Chain
Delegates will review the Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental, and Legal (PESTEL) factors and their impact on the supply chain and business performance.
Propylene Production, Feedstock Options and Economics
- Propylene Market
- Other Propylene Derivatives
The Business Case of Para-Xylene and Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- P-X supply chain
- PTA (& EG)
- PET market update
INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP: The future of the Oil price: $50 or $100/Barrel
Delegates will engage in an interactive review of different to simulate and discuss the consequences.
Other Intermediates and Derivatives
- Sources of Butadiene and C4 Olefins
- Butadiene and C4 Olefin Derivatives
- 1,4-Butane diol (BDO) and derivatives
- Other derivatives
INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP: Assessing the options
Delegates will review and examine simulations and analysis of different scenarios.
Value & Reputation of Chemicals
- Reputation management strategies
- Public opinion
- Developing an active agenda
Bio-Based Supply Chain Integration
- Overview and drivers
- Main feedstock and Processes for Intermediates
- Conversion of Intermediates to selected bio-chemicals
INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP: Future headlines
In this workshop, delegates will discuss potential developments in the Petrochemical industry and evaluate their impact
Marketing Basics – Developing Demand Projections
- Review of a fertiliser market developments and perspectives
INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP: Making sense of growth projections
Based on past and current supply and demand patterns, delegates will evaluate the regional and product-specific growth potential in the Petrochemical industry
Focus on the Market
- Market segmentation as a tool for increasing top line revenue
INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP: Review of international best and worst case examples
Delegates will review and discuss potential and actual best and worst case
Focus on the Customer: Managing Relationships with Large Customers
- Increase sales and added value
- Facilitate new business development
- Integrate and focus resources
Markets, Logistics & Marketing
- Regional markets
- Supply logistics
Supply and Demand
- Main drivers for demand
- Main drivers for supply
- Growing imbalances
- Objectives and Constraints
- Formulating Strategy
Business Planning Delegates will put their hands on simulations and exercises including:
Opportunities for business development and growt
Explore specific options for your business
Testimonials for our Courses
“Very professional presentation, documentation and useful practical exercises. The occasional bouts of laughter were also welcome.”
Dates & Locations
This course is only available as a custom course tailored for your business, contact us to discuss your requirements.